Qantas Wallabies centre Ryan Cross has signed a new one-year deal with Australian Rugby and has set his sights on a return to the Test squad before next year’s Rugby World Cup in New Zealand.

Australia Vs Ireland
Date: 26.06.2010
Time: 09:30 GMT / 11:30 GMT

Watch Now LIVE >> Click Here

Cross, who will move from the Western Force to the NSW Waratahs for the expansion of Super Rugby to 15 teams and a three-Conference format in 2011, was an omission from the Wallabies squad for the four Bundaberg Red Rugby Series Tests this month.

The last of the four, against Ireland, will be played at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Saturday night.

However, Cross is determined to reclaim a place with the Wallabies and add to a Test portfolio that currently sits at 18 caps.

“I was pretty happy with the back end of my season this year and the body’s feeling pretty good, so I think I’ve still got it in me to play at that level,” he said.

“I’m disappointed not to be a part of the squad at the moment, but hopefully I can play some good Rugby and get another chance at the end of this year.

“If not, then hopefully I can have a good, strong season for the Waratahs (in 2011) and put myself in a position to be a part of the World Cup.”

watch-football-online.co.uk

This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.

2linkme.com Add to 2linkme / Bookmark 2linkme online < / a > Ping blog RSS Search
hemdad61's Profile on Ping.sg 

Upcoming Events Rugby

Upcoming Events Rugby


My Headlines

FeedBurner FeedCount

Powered by FeedBurner